Click here to check out my past blog posts....

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 23, 2015

3rd Wheel

As we went to see the new Minions movie last weekend, the usual scene played out, me walking behind the boys, as they say, "Coming Pokey?"
I'm so used to this behavior from them, and its fine with me. Being the only female in the house, I'm actually the queen of this castle, but sometimes it doesn't appear that way.

 I embrace the fact that in about 6 years, it will be just Mac and I. I look forward to that day when we can just do things together as a couple, but I'm not wishing this time to pass too quickly. I get to watch firsthand the Father/Son bond that is taking place between Mac and Noah.

As we sat in the theater, the boys held the popcorn, and I ask meekly, "Can I have some?" I spread out my napkin and proceed to take a handful of the popcorn, that by now is the unsalted, non-buttered bottom of the bag. I don't mind, its healthier anyway right? Mac would gladly buy me my own bag, but I don't ask. I just sit and enjoy the movie, as I hand them the bottled water I've smuggled in my purse.

If you follow my Instagram, twitter or Facebook account, you'll see first hand the role I take in the family. There are usually no pictures of me, as I'm the photographer. I even made a Shutterfly book for Mac for Father's Day, filled with only pictures of "the boys".  My sense of humor did come out, on the back cover I had a small, but stunning of course, picture of me, and under the picture a caption read, "Made with love by Mom".

Our vacations are usually all centered around things the family can do. If I don't want to do them, Mac knows I'm completely content sitting behind reading a book. You will always hear, "wait for Mom" or "slow down, Mom's back there", and I just laugh, at least they know I'm there.

They really do know I'm there, and I know that. I'm so proud of them that I actually enjoy this role of mine. Noah and I have our own special relationship, mother and son, and that's a whole different post. He's a sensitive, kind and smart boy. He knows when Mom needs love, and he never starts his day without the usual hug and kiss. Mac never leaves the house in the morning without kissing me and telling me he loves me. He's raising a boy to love his Mother, and do everything possible to make her happy. There's no greater feeling in life, then knowing your son will make a good husband someday, because of the example we have set for him.